Shrimp Stir Fry
A super easy stir fry recipe that includes shrimp, mushroom, and broccoli.
Servings: 4 people
- 19 oz broccoli
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ oz ginger julienned
- 12 shrimp
- 5 shiitake mushrooms optional, cut into chunks
- 1 ½ tsp corn starch
- 1 ½ tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil optional
First blanche the broccoli. Boil some water. Add the broccoli and cook for 10 seconds. Take them out and set aside.
Heat oil in a pan over high heat. Add garlic and ginger to the pan. Cook for 20 seconds.
Next, add the shrimp and mushrooms. Cook for another 20 seconds until the shrimp starts to turn orange and the mushrooms start to cook through.
Add the broccoli and cook for 1 minute.
Mix the corn starch with 2 tablespoons of water. Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce, and corn starch slurry. Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
Add the sesame oil and stir. Remove from the heat. Taste the dish for seasoning and add salt if it tastes too bland.
Serve with a side of rice.
- Blanching the broccoli or whatever vegetables you use will bring out the flavor and make its color more vibrant.
- Make sure to cook this dish over high heat. Otherwise, water will start to come out of the vegetables, and you will get a watery sauce.
- In addition to white rice, you can also serve this with brown rice or quinoa.
Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 539mg | Potassium: 527mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 839IU | Vitamin C: 122mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 2mg