Red Bean Curd Stir Fry
A super yummy and easy weeknight stir fry utilizing red fermented bean curd.
Servings: 4 people
- 14 oz firm tofu optional, cut into small cubes
- 3 shiitake mushrooms sliced into ½ inch thick pieces
- 3 ½ oz wood ear mushrooms cut into 2 inch strips
- 23 oz Napa cabbage cut into large pieces ~1-2 inches
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 red bean curd
- 1 tsp red bean curd brine the liquid the red bean curd comes in
- 3 ½ oz cellophane noodles cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Fry the tofu. Heat oil to 325 degrees F and fry tofu until it is brown all sides (3-5 minutes). Set aside.
Heat oil over high heat in a large pan. Add the shiitake mushrooms, wood ear mushrooms, and cabbage. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
Add the fried tofu, soy sauce, salt, sugar, red bean curd, and red bean curd sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes more. Check the vegetables are completely soft.
Add the noodles and cook for a minute.
Finally add the sesame oil. Mix and serve over white rice.
Calories: 481kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 11g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 905mg | Potassium: 507mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 518IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 629mg | Iron: 6mg