Next week is Valentines Day, and I’m so excited to share some of my favorite recipes for the perfect Valentines Day dinner. This week I was thinking about what Valentines Day means to me. To be completely honest, it was never a huge deal to me since I personally think it’s a made-up holiday, but I DO believe in showing the people you love that you care. This can be a romantic partner, a family member, or even your dog. It’s never too corny to show people how you feel about them.
Every year for the past three years, I have had a Galentines dinner with my girlfriends. I like this more than a normal Valentines Day dinner because I get to have it with my girls! We get dressed up and go to a fancy place for dinner. Dressing up is always fun for me because it makes me feel like such a boss!
If you ARE looking to show someone you care, I think homemade gifts are the best. For me, there is nothing more romantic than chocolate covered strawberries. The freshness of the strawberries mixed in with the sweet/bitter taste of the chocolate is such a perfect combination. I made these with white chocolate and dark chocolate. I even mixed in a bit of red food coloring to give it that V-day look.
When making these chocolate covered strawberries, I always have trouble with the chocolate. I’m not a super skilled dessert connoisseur, so my chocolate always hardens before I finish. One trick I have learned over the years is to use Baker’s chocolate. It stays melted way longer and it does an AMAZING job coating your food.
Did you make this dish?
If you made this dish, I would love to see!
Disclaimer: If you purchase anything through a link on this site, I may receive a small commission from the purchase at no extra cost to you. I only recommend products that I would personally use. Thank you so much for the support!
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Put 1/2 cup of white chocolate in a small bowl. Melt in the microwave for 40 seconds. Stir rapidly until all the chocolate is evenly melted. Add 2-3 drops of red food coloring and stir until well incorporated. It should be a pink color.
- Put 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate in a bowl and repeat the process above.
- Repeat step 1 for the rest of the white chocolate.
- Dip the strawberries in either the white chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate or both!
- Put the pink white chocolate into a Ziploc bag. Ensure the chocolate fills one corner of the bag. Cut the corner and use it as a make shift pastry bag to decorate your strawberries.