It’s been so cold in San Francisco recently that I’ve just been dreaming about warmer weather. I feel like I definitely take it for granted when I do have it. Maybe it’s the grass is always greener type thing. In other news, I recently started taking Sarah Fennel’s (of Broma Bakery) Foodtagraphy bootcamp. I gotta admit I was a bit skeptical at first because I’m the type of person who likes to figure out things for themselves. But I thought why not, and I am happy to admit it was worth every penny. It’s made me look at my blog, brand, and photography in a whole different way. I would highly recommend it if any of you are thinking of getting into food photography! She’s amazing!!
Speaking of food… I have recently been on more of an Asian kick, so I wanted to switch it up this week. Fish tacos came to mind because I had not had any for awhileee. They’re just so simple to make, and they make me so happy when I eat them!
My homemade mango salsa
These fish tacos include cod and my homemade and absolutely fabulous mango salsa. The cod is seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. I have been in love with this spice combination recently. I use it in my chicken, my fish…just everything. It’s amazing what you can do with a few simple ingredients.
The mango salsa that goes on top of these things is one of my favorite creations to date. It has a few simple, healthy ingredients – mango, cucumber, lime, red onion, and parsley. The key to great salsa I learned is letting all the ingredients sit and marinate in a bowl. With time, the flavors all blend together nicely. Add it to tacos, eat it with chips, or with an entree as a side. The only thing that would make this meal more perfect is maybe a little bit of Mexican beer mixed with some lime. 🙂
Did you make these fish tacos?
If you made these fish tacos, I would love to see!
- 1 cup mangos (cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup cucumbers (cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup red onions (minced)
- 1/4 cup parsley (minced)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound cod (cut into chunks)
- 6 tortillas
- 1 avocado
- Mango Salsa: Combine the mangos, cucumbers, red onions, parsley, lime juice, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir together and set aside for at least 20 minutes. The time will allow all the flavors to blend together.
- Combine 1 teaspoon of salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Rub the seasoning into the cod and make sure its covered on all sides.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil into a pan and add in the cod. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the fish is flaky.
- Heat the tortillas over the stove for 10 seconds on each side. Add a few spoonfuls of cod, a few pieces of avocado, a spoonful of salsa, and any other toppings you wish.