I am definitely all about simple meals these days. I put out a question on Instagram a few weeks ago asking what people would like me to make, and someone on Instagram asked me to make a dish with spam. So I decided why not make some spam pizza. Yes I know that sounds crazy, but it actually works! This kimchi spam pizza is like a flavor explosion in your mouth. It tastes like kimchi fried rice but on a pizza. And the best part is it takes less than 30 minutes to make.
Ingredients, Substitutions & Adjustments
- Pizza dough – My whole mantra with cooking these days is why make it more difficult than you need to? That’s why I chose to buy pre-made pizza dough from the store. However, definitely make your own dough if you want to!
- Tomato sauce – Any kind of tomato sauce should work for this recipe. Because of the intense flavors of the other ingredients, I would recommend using a tomato sauce without any extra flavoring.
- Low moisture mozzarella – I chose to use low moisture mozzarella so the pizza dough doesn’t become soggy.
- Kimchi – Kimchi provides a little extra kick to this pizza. There isn’t a particular brand of kimchi I prefer. I mostly try to get kimchi from a local store.
- Spam – Spam is made up a mixture of pork, ham, potato starch, salt, sugar and water. It is one of my favorite ingredients to work with even if it might look a little weird. I like to use low sodium spam because I find regular spam a bit too salty.
- Green onions – Adds freshness to the pizza.
- Eggs – I used large eggs for this pizza.
Making this kimchi spam pizza
This is one of the easiest dinners you will ever make. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Roll out the pizza dough. Flatten out the pizza dough into a circular disc. Then use your hands to stretch the dough into a circular disc that is 1/4 an inch thick. Next smear the tomato sauce on top in a thin layer. Top with low moisture mozzarella, kimchi, and spam. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Take out the pizza and break the eggs on top. Bake for another 5 minutes. Top with green onions and serve.
Tips on how to make the perfect kimchi spam pizza
- Use gravity to roll out the dough – The easiest way to roll out the dough is to use gravity to your advantage. First flatten the dough out to a flat disc. Then hold it up so that it is facing you and rotate it clockwise. The motion should be like rotating a steering wheel clockwise. The weight of the pizza dough should stretch the dough out to the desired shape and thickness.
- Make sure to use low moisture mozzarella – I would highly recommend using low moisture mozzarella to prevent the pizza crust from becoming too soggy and soft. Moisture from the mozzarella will penetrate the dough as it bakes in the oven.
Did you make this dish?
If you made this dish, I would love to see!
Follow Cooking Therapy on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag and hashtag it with @cooking__therapy and #beccascookingtherapy.
Stay connected and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for all my latest recipes.
Disclaimer: If you purchase anything through a link on this site, I may receive a small commission from the purchase at no extra cost to you. I only recommend products that I would personally use. Thank you so much for the support!
Kimchi Spam Pizza
- 16 oz pizza dough store bought
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup mozzarella
- 2 tbsp kimchi
- ¼ cup spam
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp green onions thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- First roll out the pizza dough. Flatten the dough into a circular disc. Then use your hands to stretch out the dough until it is 1/4 an inch thick.
- Smear tomato sauce on top in a thin layer. Top with mozzarella, kimchi, and spam.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Take out the pizza and break eggs on top of the pizza. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Top with green onions and serve.
Leave a Reply