Recently, the one thing I’ve been thinking about a lot is simple food. Simple recipes. A few simple ingredients. Simple cooking technique. So much of the food we have nowadays in restaurants and even stuff we make is filled with tons of stuff and extremely difficult to make. It sort of makes me crave the exact opposite. That’s why I wanted to take it back to something simple this week with my take on a classic summer dish (because it’s actually finally summer!). This is my sriracha potato salad recipe.
Practicing basic cooking techniques
Even though I’ve been cooking for years, I still have a lot to learn. Stuff as simple as boiling a potato or boiling eggs is still something I have to Google before I do it. So it’s nice to make something like this sriracha potato salad where I can practice the basics. The only cooking you have to do for this dish is boiling potatoes and eggs. Boiling potatoes is easy – cut them into small cubes and boil them until they’re soft. I’m not sure about the timing, I just tested them every few minutes with a fork. For the eggs – add water and eggs to a pot and then bring to a boil. Boil for 6-8 minutes. I accidentally undercooked mine a tad but it was still fine.
Giving my sriracha potato salad recipe a bit of an Asian flair
It wouldn’t be my recipe if I didn’t add a few things only I would add. For this sriracha potato salad recipe, I added shallots, white pepper, sriracha mayo, and some lemon juice. Shallots for sweetness. White pepper for some flavor. Sriracha mayo for a kick. And lemon juice to give it some life. I just loved how this dish turned out! It’s flavors take your tastebuds on a journey. I can’t wait to make this for my July 4th party!
Did you make this Sriracha Potato Salad?
If you made this matcha treat, I would love to see!
Sriracha Potato Salad
- 3 red potatoes cubed
- 4 eggs boiled
- 4 stalks celery minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 tbsp dill minced
- 1 tsp sriracha
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp spicy mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Cut the potatoes into small cubes (~1 inch). Boil the potatoes and set aside.
- Boil the eggs. Add eggs and water to a pot and bring to a boil. Boil for 6-8 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the eggs to ice cold water. Let sit for a few minutes before peeling. Cut eggs into small pieces.
- Mix sriracha and mayo in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add potatoes, eggs, celery, shallots, dill, sriracha mayo, spicy mustard, salt, white pepper, and paprika to a large bowl. Basically everything except the lemon juice. Mix together well.
- Add in the lemon juice and give it one more mix to incorporate everything.