This Vietnamese inspired tomato corn salad is an easy and quick dish to throw together. Heirloom tomatoes, corn, and avocados are tossed together with some Vietnamese dipping sauce, making it the perfect balance of sweet and salty. Eat it for a wholesome lunch or as an appetizer for weeknight dinners!
I wanted to post this fun, simple Vietnamese-inspired salad I’ve been eating a lot for lunch. It’s so easy to throw together in an instant, and only includes 5 ingredients! Heirloom tomatoes, avocados, and corn are mixed together and then topped with a pinch of salt and a drizzle of nuoc cham. Just like in my goi ga recipe, my Vietnamese dipping sauce makes for the perfect salad dressing.
Ingredients, Substitutions & Adjustments
- Tomatoes – I used heirloom tomatoes for this salad recipe, but you can use any kind of tomatoes you can find!
- Avocado and corn – Both add freshness to this summer salad. If you can’t find fresh corn, use canned corn.
- Salt for seasoning
- Vietnamese dipping sauce (nuoc cham) – This sauce is a great balance of sweet and salty. Grab my recipe with all the substitutions and adjustments here!
How to make this Vietnamese inspired tomato corn salad
Cover 1 head of corn with wet paper towels and microwave for 5 minutes. Cut the kernels off the corn and add them to a large bowl. Next, cut 16 oz of heirloom tomatoes and 1 avocado. Add them to the bowl. Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the top. Finally, drizzle 1/4 cup of Vietnamese dipping sauce over the top. Toss the salad until well mixed and serve!
How do you store this tomato corn salad?
The best way to store this salad is to store each component separately in the fridge and then put it together before you serve. The tomato and corn will last ~1 week and the avocado will last a few days, depending how ripe it is. If you’ve already made the salad, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Did you make this dish?
If you made this dish, I would love to see!
Disclaimer: If you purchase anything through a link on this site, I may receive a small commission from the purchase at no extra cost to you. I only recommend products that I would personally use. Thank you so much for the support!
15-Minute Vietnamese Inspired Tomato Corn Salad
- Make the Vietnamese dipping sauce, and set aside.
- Cover 1 head of corn with a wet paper towel and microwave for 5 minutes. Cut the kernels off the corn and add them to a large bowl.
- Cut 16 oz of heirloom tomatoes and 1 avocado. Add them to the bowl.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the top.
- Finally, drizzle 1/4 cup of Vietnamese dipping sauce over the top.
- Toss the salad until well mixed and serve!